Thursday 26 November 2015

Proud As Punch, Proving and Pilates!

Morning!

Yesterday I went to Felinfach to see the presentation my boys were taking part in at Canolfen y Felin. This was for the parents to see just how well the children had come on in their Welsh course and we saw just how confident they all were - hence the proud mum!!!

The boys were given certificates to celebrate their achievements.



They had also been making decorations for Christmas so we came home with cards, wreaths and tags and the proceeds are going towards a little Christmas party. None of the children the boys met when they went to school at Bont that first week have stayed the length of the course, go boys, so it will be fun to have that last time with the ones they have made friends with.

So that was yesterday really, apart from making a quick loaf of bread in the Rayburn at the same time as the slow-cooked chicken and rice for tea.

Today I am popping over to the Community Centre as we have a Coffee, Cake and Book swap once a month and this is the last one before January. I picked up a great casserole recipe book the first time I went. It was first published in 1965!



Whilst I'm there I'll have two loaves proving ready to bake when I get back. I am so chuffed I have not bought a loaf of bread since November 9 and am completely resolved to make all the bread we need, apart from things like wraps, but who knows; I have made japatis and panadia in the past so they could be a possibility, too.

It is my Pilates class this evening. Again, this is held just across the road. The teacher is a bit fluffy, my hubs would laugh his socks off if he knew I was standing there being asked to breath out my negative energy - don't really have much to be honest - and not very clear with her instructions some times, which can be tricky for a beginner like me. We are not sure if the class will continue after Christmas as a few people have fallen off and mentioned about the teaching methods.

Well, I'm away to have another cup of coffee. Flour etc is measured out for the bread so will get on with that, then I have a bed to make and a bit of tidying up before I head out at about 11am. I'll let you know if I come across another gem of a book!

Bye for now.xx

6 comments:

  1. The book swap sounds ideal, what a lovely event to go to.
    bechgyn llongyfarchiadau, Dal ati!, Daliwch ati! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diolch yn fawr iawn! Can't wait to have my lessons.x

      Delete
  2. Well done with your boys' Welsh speaking achievements. My Welsh is confined to understanding the meaning of Welsh names in the landscape (!) and being able to pronounce a few. I've only been here 27 years though . . .

    I hope you do well at the book swop again.

    I am baking less bread as we don't eat much (and I have been experimenting with giving it up, because of the yeast in it).

    ReplyDelete
  3. have to say that I am loving hearing about your new life. To uproot and move away is no easy thing to do, but you've done it so happily it's a joy to read. Especially as your children are enjoying it and clearly doing well. :O)
    Looking forward to seeing your festive decs (had to laugh when I saw your comment, I was just on my way over to your blog. Spooky!), and well done on the bread making. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for that Sadie.x Other people have said we are brave but I honestly don't see it as brave. I don't know how to describe it. I do know that in the past we discussed, not saying we had decided not to move, the fact that it would be so easy to stay where we were, not make the effort and make the best of things where we were. Some people don' t care too much about what goes on outside their front door as long as they are happy with the rest of their lot. We wanted that change wherever we went. We even took a trip to the Western Isles of Scotland because it may have had what we were looking for. (Switch off if you have had enough.) I think it has been much more of an adventure for the boys than for us just now. We hope to get our part of the dream started in the Spring when we can grow our own.xJust treid the end of the bread I made this lunch time. Really pleased as the loaves are mahoosive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to your boys on learning Welsh my eldest son is horrified at my lack of grasping the language. I haven't made my own bread for ages, it's something I need to get back into xx

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful if you have the time to comment and I will always do my best to respond.x