Monday 31 August 2015

There's That C-word again.

You may remember back in June I posted about Christmas Savings Plan. This is just a little reminder and an update. 

Now and again I have thought to myself "shall I tell hubby and use it for this, that or the other?" But then I think to myself that I have managed this far, which is three months, without too much trouble and it will be fab when it comes to November when I can tell hubs I have saved £1001! 

So far I have saved a bit over £400 and I love seeing the amount increase each week. I have started a list of things I intend to buy starting with 6 bottles of bubbly! But I'm also leaving plenty for us to use on special things for us and the boys over the festivities and the New Year. 

Do any of you have a savings plan?

4 comments:

  1. I think its a brilliant idea and the family will be surprised, I hope you all enjoy the surprise splash out, bubbly to celebrate your first christmas in your new home is a great idea, moving house can be an expensive business it will be good that you have something to enjoy :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn. It is SO hard at times when we are talking about we need to pay for this, or don't forget we need to buy the other but I know it will be a great surprise, as you say.

      Delete
  2. what a lovely surprise for your hubby! I wish I could be as smart as you, but I couldn't. Plus I'd end up buying a pair of Louboutin's rather than festive stuff, because that's the kind of girl I am!
    But good for you, and enjoy that champs when you buy it. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Go Sadie! I am quite low maintenance so it takes a while for me to decide to buy something for myself. Plus I love love love Christmas from the planning, the cooking and baking, traditions we have made for our family and I plan on having a fridge full on bubbly! I have posted quite a lot about Christmas. Take a look at my sort of obsession.x

      Delete

I am so grateful if you have the time to comment and I will always do my best to respond.x